French Accents

Encounters with people, places, books, life & faith with a French accent

French Accents

Encounters with people, places, books, life & faith with a French accent

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I was on holiday recently and combined a number of things. I took the ferry from Portsmouth to Le Havre, and drove to the Loire to stay at my Dad's. After a few days I went to the Charente to visit my Mum, and finally went to Belgium to visit my brother and family in Belgium on the way home. I like to measure holiday success in a number of ways: number of books read, number of days when the sun shone, and how relaxed I feel by the end. This holiday was a great success! Number of books read: 12. Number of days the sun shone: 12. Relaxation level: 7. Interesting how the books were all read before I got to my brother's house, where my older niece said when she heard I was coming "J'adore ma Marraine!!" And I believe she does. I took her to school, played with her when she got home, and generally had a lot of fun that did not involve any reading whatsoever... So perhaps I need a new holiday measure - amount of fun had with Eloisa!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home